Our Falconry Experience and Photography Workshop Venues
We have two venues which you can visit for your Falconry Experiences. Barn Owl Hollow is tucked away in the Leicestershire countryside with 10 acres to fly our collection of birds. Alders Farm is located south of Milton Keynes in beautiful countryside, nestled inbetween stunning fishing lakes and pine trees.
Why choose Bird on the Hand for your falconry experiences.
Why Buy a Bird on the Hand Falconry Experience
- Small groups of up to six participants (10-15 are not uncommon elsewhere).
- #3 of 783 things to do in Leicestershire on TripAdvisor.
- Beautiful locations in the Leicestershire and Bedfordshire countryside.
- We concentrate on being with the birds, with you handling, flying, & feeding them whilst learning some fascinating facts.
- Relaxed & informal sessions where we love to chat to you about the birds and encourage lots of questions.
- Tea & Coffee break to refresh you.
Is it the right gift choice?
Who would like a falconry experience ? Any of the following are a good indicator.
- They notice wild birds of prey.
- They watch nature programs.
- They like being outdoors.
- They like animals.
- They are a keen gardener. They love nature.
- They have a thirst for knowledge
- They are the adventurous type
- They feed the garden birds.
And remember, if you get it wrong you can get a refund.
Check Out Our Unique Money Back Guarantee
At Bird on the Hand we want you to be happy with your purchase of a falconry experience and the recipient to have one of the best times of their life so here is our guarantee.
1. If you made a mistake and a falconry experience day gift doesn’t suit the recipient it can be returned within 30 days for a refund.
2. We give you a money back guarantee (Full Refund) the participant will enjoy themselves on the day.
3. Value for Money Guarantee. You don’t think it has been value for money? Tell me why not and what you think it is worth and I will refund the difference.
3. If you need to change your booking at the last minute that’s no problem, these things happen.
4. No small print (there are some terms) as I have found that the type of person I am dealing with is generally fair and sensible so there is no need for much.
5. If there is anything else, talk to me and we can probably sort it out. Life’s too short to get worried about little things
What more can I say. Buy with confidence at Bird on the Hand
What do our customers say?
Dear Andrew, Duncan and Charlotte,
What a fantastic time you gave us yesterday! Thank you so much. Not only was it a delight seeing your amazing birds close up and in action, but it was also so interesting and informative. Clive and Ruth thoroughly enjoyed it, as did Nigel and I, but the icing on the cake was seeing Dad so relaxed and happy. He clearly had a marvellous time and we so appreciated the time and attention you devoted to him to maximise his afternoon’s falconry experience.
We have some superb photos and plan to choose the best and frame it for Dad’s 90th birthday present. I think this highlights how grateful we are for the time with you, and how much Dad benefitted.
Many thanks again, you all do a wonderful job, and your birds are truly awe inspiring.
We booked a private session for my mother’s 85th birthday and it was the most amazing experience. Andrew and Charlotte could not have been more attentive, they tailored the session to my parent’s abilities and were so caring, thoughtful and attentive. They are also extremely knowledgeable explaining so much about the birds. A fabulous afternoon not to be forgotten.
Barn Owl Hollow
We have a fantastic venue at Market Harborough in South Leicestershire. Here we house our 25+ birds as we have been based here for here for 18 years. This is a quiet private location in the countryside where we host our Falconry experiences. We often get dramitic sky with the hill sky looking black and our field bathed in sunshine.
This is just off of the A6 with great road links to M1, M6 and A14. It is also a a 13 minute drive (or taxi) from Market Harborough Train Station.
We also have a venue near Milton Keynes and Leighton Buzzard. This sits in a superb little valley with some beautiful lakes and woodland and is adjacent to Stockgrove Country Park on the edge of the Chilterns This is where we hold Meet The Birds, Meet The Owls and Private sessions. These are fantastic half day experiences to get up close to our birds of prey and nature.
By train from London, Alders Farm is 30 minutes train and a 15 minute uber via Milton Keynes station. Being so well located it is only 90 minutes by car from central London.
To visit the Alders Farm fishery and air gun range website Click Here